Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving 2 page layout

I've been wanting to use the Pink Paislee Amber Road line for a while, but when I saw
the beautiful fall layout Deanna created and showed on her blog,
 I was inspired to use it right now. Couldn't wait any longer.



First I used some Distress Crackle Paint Black Soot to add bark to the Maya Road chipboard tree. Then decided it was too dark for the look I was going for and softened it with coffee colored Shimmerz, later I also added some Distress Stickles and a little Flower Soft for a touch of color.

I cut up one sheet of the charcoal background paper and layered it on 2 sheets of Kraft Bazzill cardstock to ground my collection of photos.

Then, started arranging the photos and accent papers.
I used rub-ons for my title "Thanksgiving" and black chipboard numbers.

Along with strips of paper, I added velvet ribbons for dimension - love those colors together.

I chose my favorite photo from the collection to be set aside on it's own to draw attention to it, then added the accents and the rest of the layout title. I inked the tops of the corregated letters to really make it show up.

I popped the letters out of the graphic 45 diecut sheet for the main, accented photo.


Please excuse the shadow on that one.

Melanie

0 comments: