Saturday, November 21, 2009
I cut up one sheet of the charcoal background paper and layered it on 2 sheets of Kraft Bazzill cardstock to ground my collection of photos.
Then, started arranging the photos and accent papers.
I used rub-ons for my title "Thanksgiving" and black chipboard numbers.
Along with strips of paper, I added velvet ribbons for dimension - love those colors together.
I chose my favorite photo from the collection to be set aside on it's own to draw attention to it, then added the accents and the rest of the layout title. I inked the tops of the corregated letters to really make it show up.
I popped the letters out of the graphic 45 diecut sheet for the main, accented photo.
Please excuse the shadow on that one.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
As soon as I saw this Mistletoe Kisses paper, I remembered this photo and and just what to journal.
I took two sheets of the same paper and used one for the background. I cut "Kisses" off the bottom of the other piece and trimmed the side off to make a square, then inked the edges to coordinate with the background side that already looked "inked".
I matted the title with dark red glitter paper to make it stand out from the background.
Stamped lines on the paper to include my journaling.
Then added a coordinating accent with the rhinestone flourishes.
I have been snipping off of one sheet of these for a long time.
Finally, I colored in the letters with some blue Shimmerz to help them show up a little better.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
I love this photo of my niece and have been wanting to add it to my scrapbook for a while
I wanted to use this paper as a mat for my accent, but didn't have enough, so I just cut a few strips and taped them together. I have used this trick before and liked the look.
Then highlighted a couple of paper edges with a little white paint.
Last, I dipped a scrap of cardstock in white paint and added lines for my journaling.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
I was having some fun creating a card with flower soft products. Here are some steps to show how easy it is to work with.
I started by spreading the glue on the end of my wire.
Then held the wire over my Flower Soft container and sprinkled it on until I had the look I wanted. ( I know these are not the same color flower wires I used on my card, but I was having so much fun I created wires with every color I had out.)
Then I stuck the wire in a piece of styrofoam and let it dry for about 20 minutes.
I wanted it to look like it was a potted plant. So after I cut the flower pot out, I wrapped it around the glue bottle to give it a curved shape. Then put a couple of drops of glue on the edges and attached it to my paper. I let it dry for a couple of minutes then added my flower wires.
To do that I simply cut the wire stems to the length I needed, then put a drop on glue on the end and tucked it inside the flower pot. After they were dry I was able to bend the wires and get the look I wanted.
Try it out and see how fun and easy it can be.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Tonight was the Downtown Open House "Flurries of Fun". Along with sales, refreshments & a door prize, we were also offering a free Christmas card make-n-take.
It was fun to see everyone out this evening. I wish I could have visited some of the other participating stores.
At the end of the evening, Little Lil drew the winner of the door prize.
CONGRATULATIONS to Teri W!
Posted by The Scrapbook Tree at 10:52 PM
Sunday, November 1, 2009
November kits created from My Mind's Eye, Abbey Road - Big Attitude paper line.
Created By: Melanie H. (12x12)
Created By: Teri W. (12x12)
Created By: Joan B. (6x12)
Created By: Barb W. (12x12)
Created By: LaDonna M. (12x12)
Created By: Ina (12x12)
Created By: Jill K. (12x24)