Thursday, November 12, 2009

Christmas page layout


I love this photo of my niece and have been wanting to add it to my scrapbook for a while

First I cut the trees out of the paper. All straight edges, so I used the Fiskars fingertip craft knife.

I wanted to use this paper as a mat for my accent, but didn't have enough, so I just cut a few strips and taped them together. I have used this trick before and liked the look.

I used the to the Tim Holtz paper distresser to scuff up the edges.

Then highlighted a couple of paper edges with a little white paint.



I added a little sparkle to the finished page with some Stickles and rhinestones.

Last, I dipped a scrap of cardstock in white paint and added lines for my journaling.


Melanie

3 comments:

Dee said...

great layout Melanie. Love the techniques you shared! You and Ladonna do a great job posting lots of cool ideas on your blog! Love it!

Vicki Harmon said...

Thanks for sharing! As always I love it!

The Scrapbook Tree said...

Thank you ladies. I was a little nervous about this one because it seems kind of unbalanced, but I do like the colors and of course, the photo. :)