Monday, June 29, 2009

Video Games Layout

Gotta' love those quick and easy layouts. Here is one that only took about 10 minutes to create and it's a great layout to use scraps on. I started with a 12x12 piece of Bazzill Kraft cardstock. I used Fired Brick Distress Ink and the inking tool by Ranger, to give a little color to the edges. I used my ranger craft mat and pulled the inking tool in circular motion onto the cardstock.

Then I used my black journaling pen to add some lines around the edges.

I cut eight 2.5x2.5 inch squares out of 3 different scrap papers. Then I attached them to my base cardstock.

Then I cut my matting piece of cardstock 8x8 and attached it overlapping the smaller squares. I used my journaling pen to draw the black lines around the edges of that piece also.

Slightly angle the photos to fit inside the matting and attach them.

I used some of this beautiful Maya Road sheer ribbon as an accent. I
wrapped it around the sides and taped it in place on the back. Since my title will be overlapping the ribbon on the front, it will help hold it in place.
I used Woodland Whimsy alphabet stickers from Sassafras Lass as my main title and a Maya Road sheer and Making Memories Mini Alphas to complete the title.

The paper scraps I pulled at the beginning were from Sassafrass Lass, I found these cardstock stickers to go with them. They work great for additional accents.

I left one of the stickers on the base and cut it out, so I could use pop dots to give the page more dimension. Then I added a couple of buttons and I'm finished.


0 comments: