Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Another quick 12x12 layout

I have had this photo for a while and I really like it, but had yet to include it in a layout. Then, I was looking at this Waterberry paper in the shop from KaiserCraft and decided that was what I was going to work with today. I started with a sketch from a book, two papers from the line and one sheet of Bazzill cardstock.
Working from a sketch eliminates the decisions about what to include and how to turn everything. Instead of spending two hours on a layout I can finish one in 15-20 minutes.

I cut out around the edges of the design because I preferred a solid background, then positioned the two main blocks and the photo.
Since most of the background wouldn't show, I cut out the center to use in the design of the layout. I do this a lot to stretch my paper and sometimes to get to use both sides of a double sided paper. If you look at the back of many of my layouts, you will often see pieces cut out.
I cut and inked the edges of the strips I had chosen.
Then adherred them and the flowers to the page and pulled out an older sticker alphabet that I had for the title and used a white pen for the writing.

2 comments:

Dee said...

love this layout. awesome design.

The Scrapbook Tree said...

Thank you.I liked it too. We work with sketches a lot when we need to finish a layout quickly.

But this weekend at the crop, I am looking forward to creating a layout from scratch. I'm more in the mood now to relax and create than to accomplish a goal.