Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Featured Scrapper - Gina







Gina has agreed to share some of her favorite layouts with out. Each is a favorite for a different reason.

The Dad Layout: "Because I miss him so much"

Great Grandfather: "He looks so little in that huge chair. I love doing vintage pages"

Grandma Glenna: "She was such a pretty lady. I loved doing this page. It is so simple."

Jackson: "This was the day my baby boy turned one year old. I loved this paper and knew I wanted to use the circles. Lori took the picture and it is one of my favorites."

Sweet: "This was when Mackenzie was 4 and she was Lori's flower girl. They were both beautiful that day."

Family: "I loved this green paper. I think it may be my favorite that I've ever used. I also love this picture from Spring Mill and getting to use a real key on the layout."

Family mini-album: This was a class offered at The Scrapbook Tree. When I saw this book I knew I wanted to take this class.

Christmas mini-album: This was a hard book for me to do. Christmas was my dad's favorite holiday and he always made sure we had a good Christmas. I kept finding pictures of him at Christmas, so I knew what I had to do. I made this book for my Mom for Christmas this past year.

How long have you been scrap-booking? 1998 - I scrapped a little before and after Mackenzie was born. Then I started again in 2007 when Dad got sick and Mom and I went to The Scrapbook Tree.

How do you go about designing a layout? I pick my paper, then pictures, and then embellishments. Every once in a while I start with a picture.

Do you have any favorite manufacturers? Little Yellow Bicycle and 7 Gypsies

What are some porducts you can't work without? Kokuyo adhesive, Distress Ink, Tim Holtz blending tool, and Cutterbee Scissors.

What is/was one of your favorite scrap-booking trends? Paper tearing. That torn edge - I think there for a while I was doing it on every layout.

What are your favorite topics to include in your scrapbooks? Grandparents, Dad, and of course my three kids.

1 comments:

Dee said...

Congrats on being featured scrapper Gina! Beautiful work!