Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tips for decorating your mini purse albums



Everyone who attended our NSD Crop May 2nd received a Bare Elements Mini Purse Album in their goody bag. I know I posted a picture of how I decorated the outside, but several people asked to see the inside also. So I thought I would post pictures of each page and pass along a few tips to remember when decorating your own.
You will need to select the paper line of your choice and 3 Bazzill cardstock colors to match that line. I used the Airy Fairy line from KaiserCraft.

I started by using shimmer mist and spayed each page. I used a Paper towel to spread an even coat across the whole page, including the handle. You can also use a foam make-up sponge.
While the mist was drying I used my Cricut Expressions to cut four 5 inch circles out of each Bazzill color cardstock and four 5 inch circles out of one patterned paper. Then cut the bottom of the circle off (1 inch from the edge) for a perfect fit with a slight border of the misted background showing. For the front and back cover I also cut two 4 inch circles out of patterned paper to layer on top of the CS after I attached the ribbon all the way around.
On the inside I started with two of the patterned papers. Remember to leave a border all the way around the edge. If you place your paper all the way in the crease, by the time you are finished with every page your album will barely close. You will also want to remember to place your photos towards the handles to avoid to much thickness in the folds.
On the next page I used two of the Bazzill cardstock circles. To avoid thickness in the album I used mostly pens and stamping for my embellishments. Rub-ons would work great also.On the next page I used another Bazzill cardstock color. Notice I used some Magic Mesh behind a few of the photos, but always placed it toward the outside edge of the album.
On these pages I repeated the last Bazzill color I used.Then for these pages I went back to the darker Bazzill cardstock.
I ended the album with patterned paper. It's hard to tell in this photo, but I used a glitter pen to accent the design in the paper.
I know I told you to select 3 Bazzill colors and you only see two colors on my album. I used two sheets of the same color. Later I thought it would have looked better with a different background color on the front and back covers.

If you didn't attend the crop but would still like to buy one of these mini albums, we still have a few left.

0 comments: