Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Page layout with a tag

We are making cards with these distressed tags for the Shop Hop make 'n' take. I wanted to use one on a page layout though. I started with the basic 9 square layout. I've used this design before, but it had been a while. First I just moved them around until I got the arrangement I liked.
I love the Graphic 45 papers and have been wanting to work with them for a while.
After adherring them to the cardstock, I started putting the "extras" in place.
I used a Prima stamp on plain chipboard letters, because I was going for a masculine look.
But when I put them on the paper, they blended in too much.
Sorry about the blurry photo, but you get the idea.
So, I ended up running a line of ivory paint around the edges of each letter to make themstand out better.
I cut out leaves from this flocked paper.

I stapled the sheer house shape on each side of the chimney. I had dry embossed this sheer piece with a Cuttlebug Embossing folder, then inked it with brown Stazon.

After I had attached my top chipboard letters, I decided they were too bright and colored them with chalk ink and a Dove blender pen.

I put the tag in the top corner. (You have to wait to find out the details on that one).

0 comments: