Saturday, October 31, 2009

Playing with paint and ink

Create your own custom accents with paint, ink and embossing folders


I started with my title piece from the My Mind's Eye page kit (I wasn't going to use the title "Big Attitude" for this layout but I still wanted to use the shape) and ran it through the Sizzix Big Shot in a Cuttlebug embossing folder.


Then I painted it with white paint and wiped away the excess. I did this twice, using my heat gun to dry the paint in between each application.

After the second coat was dry I rubbed the distress ink pad across the whole piece. It is a slow drying ink, so I used a paper towel to spread it around and even it out giving a two tone look. Then dried it with my heat gun.

After that I lightly dry brushed white paint across the top. Smoothed out only the edges with my paper towel. Then dried it with my heat gun. A more patient person might not need the heat gun.

 I used Faded Jeans Distress Ink to blend around the edges to make them darker. Then attached it to the page.

I created this layout for my November kit of the month using the new custom accent. More November page kit layout samples will be posted in the next day or two.As you can see, I kept playing with paint through the rest of the layout too. It was a fun way to spend the afternoon.

I hope you enjoyed this entry.
- LaDonna

3 comments:

Vicki Harmon said...

cute!

Hey I want a kit of the month and the two Pink Paisley kits also.

Thanks!
Vicki

LaDonna said...

Thanks.

No Problem, we will keep them be hind the desk.

Ramona said...

Hey LaDonna...love, love how your layout turned out! I especially love your title work :) looks great! Hope I'm able to get in soon....really want to take Lisa's digital class...trying to get childcare taken care of....(darned harvest time..ha,ha...just kidding:)