Monday, October 26, 2009

Creating with Rub-ons

Creating with rub-ons can be a lot of fun. You can use them on so many things. It is simply transfering the image to another item. On this layout I used them on paper, buttons, and plastic.
Rub-ons can also used on things like: jars, metal tins, glass bottles, picture frames, ribbon, pictures, etc.
It is important  to remember that some companies make their rub-ons with a little bit of sticky substance on the back to hold it in place on your project, so be sure to cut the image you want away from the rest of them before transfering.


After I cut out the image I wanted, I removed the back lining, placed it on my plastic piece and used a wood stick to rub across the image.
 Notice in the photo below, everywhere I have already rubbed, is a lighter color. That is how I know the transfer is working.


After I transfered the house image to my plastic piece I flipped it over so the rub-on was on the back side of the plastic. Then I added some ribbon and attached it to my layout.

Next I added rub-ons to some buttons. On the first button I added a small heart. .

On the other 2 buttons for my layout I covered the whole button with a print and cut away the image that hung over the edge.

These tickets were Maya Road rub-ons. First I distressed kraft Cardstock with vintage photo distress ink, then transfered my rubons and cut out the tickets to make them stand out on my page.

The title is also rub-on letters.



-LaDonna

3 comments:

Vicki Harmon said...

rub on's are not my friends, they hate me.

The Scrapbook Tree said...

We've heard that from other people too. But they are good for so many things.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Love these ideas!