Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Pirate's Life

Here is a layout I just finished this weekend. I used the Old World paper line from KaiserCraft. Below are a few examples of techniques I used.



To get the distressed metal look to the key and the chipboard word pirate I used this technique taught by Tim Holtz wth Vintage Photo Distress Ink, silver paint dabber, texture hammer, and a cotton ball as my ink applicator.

First I painted the word and key with the paint dabber. Then after that dried, placed it on the hammer mat and texturized until I got the look I wanted.


Use the cotton ball to apply ink across the chipboard pieces. This should make it look like old metal.

For the letter A I used the plain Grungeboard alphabets and ran it through the Cuttlebug machine to emboss it. Then I inked it, using a cotton ball, with Vintage Photo ink first and then Black Soot ink on top of that. Next I applied a thin coat of glossy accents to give it that glossy leathered look. NOTE: the Black Soot ink was applied directly from the ink pad. Hold it evenly accross the letter so it only inks the raised part.

On my background page I used the Timeworks masks by Tim Holtz.


I used the Vintage Photo Distress Ink and a cotton ball to apply it to my page.


I love the self adhesive Felt Fusion. For this page I cut it apart so the swirls would go different directions.



On the chipboard word life I used the Radiant Rain paint dauber to give the letters a shimmer look.

0 comments: