Saturday, January 24, 2009

Gypsy Market Layout

When these new papers arrived, I couldn't wait to try them out. I decided to take pictures of the steps like LaDonna has been. I have been using Page Maps a lot lately or just copying layouts from magazines, but this time I really wanted to follow the line of the swirl in the paper, so I started with that and went from there.


I liked the black edges around the paper but wanted to emphasize some of them. I very rarely emboss, but I wanted some black shiny accents for this page so I heavily inked the top and side of the paper in black and sprinkled black embossing powder on it, shook off the access and heated it with the heat gun.
I trimmed around the edges of some of the swirls, then traced the stem with a black glaze pen for more shiny black.
There were already some red dots in the design of the paper, I just brought them out with some red Stickles glitter glue. The flowers were two of the ones we worked on the other night. We stacked Bazill, Prima, and KaiserCraft flowers together. Some layers had Glimmer Mist on them from Tattered Angels, some were embossed with Cuttlebug embossing folders.
I used a Glitz Roller Doodle to stamp a screen mesh image on the chipboard title.


Then I had to stamp journaling lines on the paper used for writing my text because I cannot write in a straight line.


I double matted my photo and used black glossy cardstock for my inner matting to stay consistent with my shiny black accents.





0 comments: