Thursday, March 19, 2009

10 Minute Layout

Here is a simple layout that only took about 10 minutes. It is hard to read the title in this photo, but I wanted to be able to show the shimmer on the paper.


1. I started with a sheet of Bazzill Kraft paper. Then I sprayed diagonally across the paper using Pink Grapefruit Mist from Lumin Arte (any shimmer mist brand will work).
2. Then I cut out two swirl designs using a Cricut machine and masked off the upper right corner using repositionable adhesive.

3. Along the top right corner of my paper I used Sky Blue Mist from Lumin Arte across the masked area. After I was done spraying I removed the masks.

4. I set my paper aside and selected a butterfly from my Grungeboard set and used the Pink Grapefruit Mist on it also. I sprayed several coats then used a paper towel to absorb the extra that puddled on top. 5. Then I used Shimmerz Bubble Gum paint to enhance the edges, but you can use ink or markers also.
6. I selected a pale pink cardstock to mat both of my photos. My main focus photo was 7x5 and my accent photo was 3x4. I rounded the corners on my pictures and mats.

7. After I positioned the large photo on my page I ran a strip of Maya Road Cream Vintage Sequin Edging across the bottom of it. Then overlapped my smaller photo on the lower right corner and my butterfly on the lower left corner.


(Here is a closer look at the Cream Vintage Sequin Edging.)

8. I used the Cricut to cut my title out of the same pink color I used to mat my photos.. Then I traced a line down the center of each letter using dark pink ink to enhance them.

0 comments: