Monday, February 23, 2009

Altered Picture Frame

I know this picture frame looks a little bigger in the photo, but it is actually a 4x6 frame with a photo opening for a 3x3 photo.I started by using a 4x6 Bare Elements chipboard frame and some scrap patterned paper.Then I used a metal ruler, craft knife and cutting mat to get the desired size.
I cut the patterned paper 3 3/4 x 5 3/4, then I measured a 1/2 inch in on 3 sides and 2 1/2 inches in on the long side. That gave me an opening of 2 3/4 x 2 3/4. After I attached the paper to my base I ran some white ribbon under the edge of the photo. Then I selected the color flowers to go with my theme and attached them.I selected plain chipboard letters that I inked, ran through a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, then used Glossy Accents on top of them.
All together it only took about 20 minutes and I now have a cute handmade picture frame.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

hey...i had no idea vincennes had a scrapbooking store. i was on bazzillbasics.com trying to find somewhere close by that had bazzill paper and your store came up. i'm from sullivan county and i'm hoping to get down there sometime soon.