Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Scrapbooking for posterity

The other day I was looking through one of my scrapbooks and realized that a particular layout was one of my favorites. This was surprising because it is so simple and I usually prefer busier layouts for a creative release from the stress of daily life. But what set this one apart was the story behind the picture - which I had actually journaled. Everytime I look at this page, I read the journaling and it takes me back to that time.
Isn't that really the point of these scrapbooks we create, to preserve that moment in time. Obviously I can't journal about every page any more than I can scrapbook every picture I take. But, I can start carrying a small journal with me to capture the thoughts when they come to mind. So I will be more prepared (and more practiced) when I am putting a layout together.

So, whether it is the cute things that my niece just said, or thoughts on life in general - I am recommitting to journaling more.

0 comments: